Hot-air balloon inflation sequence
under wind action
1. Inflation on the ground, initial phase.
Balloon can't inflate further because of too strong wind (V>12...15m/s), or air inside is not hot enough.
2. Inflation on the ground, next phase. Keep heating inner air to proceed balloon inflation.
3. Inflation on the ground, next phase. Keep heating ... and finally balloon loses ground contact, gets up, transitting to the next phase (see below)
4. Balloon is fully inflated, but basket is still on the ground, and balloon shape is deformed under the wind action.
5. Only in free flight balloon has symmetric shape as it moves with wind velocity.
6. The balloon shape in free flight can be distorted by atmospheric turbulence.